Saturday, October 13, 2012

Did Something Touch Me?

I happen to think that most of the time when people think something has touched them, it's just some sort of sudden muscle twitch that they just happen to notice. I see a lot of ghostly encounter shows where people think they have been touched lightly on the hair, clothing, etc but I have it happen a lot where there is a sudden isolated twitch in my leg or arm, and if I were standing in the pitch dark doing a ghost tour, I would probably think that something touched or poked me, just because of the situation, but I would have to think about it later and wonder if it was just a twitch.

However, there have been a couple times where something much more pronounced and over a larger area happened, and I'm not sure what to make of it.

At work, I was sitting in a chair serving up lunch to the kids. We sit in child-sized chairs and I was just enjoying lunch and chatting with the kids. My son was at another table about 10 feet away, back to my left. While I was eating, something touched me on my back, but it felt just like a finger running down my back in a straight line, about 4 or 5 inches. It was on my right side, so from about my shoulder blade down toward my belt line. I turned around, immediately expecting to find my son standing there, trying to sneak out of his chair and come sit on my knee like he often does.... I was surprised to see that no one was there. I guess I turned so suddenly, and there is nothing behind me but a big carpeted area for story time, that it drew the attention of my two coworkers who were sitting at other tables facing me. I turned back and said nothing, but they were staring at me. One said "What?" and I made the gesture that something touched my back, and then put my hands up and looked around like 'but no one was there'. It was just weird. It was a very long line, straight down, and pressure. Not like a poke feeling that could possibly be a muscle twitch/spasm. I felt it and absolutely thought that someone was standing behind me trying to get my attention. It was weird and I was pretty silent for awhile as I tried to puzzle that one out. But - who knows?? These are all things you can't prove. Personal experiences that only you know about and have no explanation for.

Another time, a few years ago, something odd happened while I was laying on my couch at home watching a movie. I was by myself, the kids were all in bed, and I think my partner was asleep already too. So there I was, laying on my right side, with my head resting on my hand. Suddenly I got a very cold sensation on my outer left thigh, so the part of my thigh that was facing the ceiling. It was quickly uncomfortable - like REALLY REALLY cold, in a rather large area. Like maybe the size of both my palms side by side. At first I didnt think much of it, just thought 'oh it's getting chilly in here'. But after a couple minutes I realized that nothing else on me was cold - not my bare arms, not my bare feet, not my face or neck - just that one area on my thigh, which happened to be covered in pj bottoms. I ended up actually STARING at my leg, wondering what the heck was going on. The cold did not spread any further, it just stayed there, and it was uncomfortably cold, like someone had just plopped an ice pack on my leg. I put my hand there to try to warm it up but that did not work. I could feel the warmth of my hand, but it did nothing to warm me, if that makes sense. Very odd. I started to feel very strange about it and then in another few minutes the cold faded away, like someone had taken the ice pack off and I was steadily warming back up in that spot,,,,, but of course I didnt have an ice pack on.

What was that?

I have a facial neuralgia now that makes my neck feel like ICE ICE ICE even when the rest of my face is totally warm, even if I'm wearing multiple layers of a scarf etc (it happens when wind touches my face, warm or cold wind), but it happens a lot. I suppose maybe I had a one-off nerve incident that night that has never happened since, but unless it DOES happen again, I cant really be sure. It doesnt happen on any other part of my body aside from my neck and that one incident with my thigh. So.... who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment